AIV's News and Views is one of the longest running, most respected newsletters in Vermont, providing information and analysis on local, state, and national developments important to Vermont's industrial and business community.
Traditionally published weekly during the legislative session and as warranted during the rest of the year, we are currently trying out a new format -- posting the newsletter as a running blog with weekly content notices for members and guests.
We would very much appreciate your feedback on these changes over the coming weeks and months as we work on improving the use and usefulness of News & Views -- please don't hesitate to email us with your thoughts and suggestions!
Click here for the News & Views Blog.
Are you not receiving publication notices? Email us to sign up!
Below are some selected recent posts. Click the link above for all available posts.
- Action Alert | Members Strongly Urged to Contact Us Regarding Corporate Tax Rule Changes. April 16
- Update and Action Alert | Statewide Testing for PFAS and New ANR Authority Regarding Chemicals of Concern Advances; Other Chemical Bills Pending Significant Action. April 15
- Suspicious Account Activity Identified in the State’s Unemployment Insurance Claimant System. April 15
- On the Wire | News & Analysis from the Web for the Week of April 8. April 15
- The Week Ahead in Committees | Week of April 15. April 15
- Federal Updates | Court Cases Impacting Manufacturers and Other Employers. April 12
- Proposal to Allow Attorney General to Investigate Employee Misclassification and Add Additional Penalties. April 12
- Update and Action Alert | Mandatory Paid Family Leave and Minimum Wage. April 12
- Federal Updates | New Proposed Federal Labor Rules. April 8
- On the Wire | News & Analysis from the Web for the Week of April 1. April 8
- The Week Ahead in Committees | Week of April 8. April 8
- UPDATED | Action Alert | Round Up of Key Chemical Bills. April 1
- Initial Carbon Tax, Other Tax Increases Pass House. March 29
- Action Alert | Mandatory Paid Family Leave On the House Floor. March 29
- Action Alert | Draft Reissuance and Amendment to Construction General Permit 3-9020. March 26
- The Week in Committees | Week of March 25. March 25
- On the Wire | News & Analysis from the Web for the Week of March 18. March 25
- Vermont Labor Market. March 22
- New Stormwater Permitting Rule Effective March 15. March 14