The Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has developed the Vermont Diesel Emissions Reduction Grants program, which provides technical assistance and incentive funding for projects that reduce emissions from diesel powered vehicles, engines and equipment.
DEC has posted a Request for Proposals and is now accepting applications for this grant opportunity. The application deadline is September 18.
Here are the relevant links regarding this grant opportunity:
- RFP and Application at the Vermont Business Assistance Network (click here)
- Additional grant details on our webpage (click here)
For examples, DEC notes that in the last 24 months, the grant program awarded:
- $268,000 to a local business operating on Lake Champlain to replace four older, heavily polluting diesel marine engines with new engines, resulting in more than 450 tons of diesel emissions reduced over the lifetime of the project.
- $45,000 to a local construction company to replace a 2006 International tractor truck with a 2020 Western Star, resulting in diesel emission reductions of 91% annually.
- $85,000 to a local construction company to replace a 2002 Volvo EC360BL excavator with a 2019 Caterpillar 336 excavator, resulting in diesel emission reductions of 85% annually.
- $33,000 to a local heating fuel business to replace a 2006 International delivery truck with a 2019 Freightliner, resulting in diesel emission reductions of 93% annually.
- $23,000 to a local heating fuel business to replace a 2003 International delivery truck with a 2019 International, resulting in diesel emission reductions of 95% annually.
- $21,000 to a school to replace a 2007 International school bus with a 2020 International bus, resulting in diesel emission reductions of 93% annually.
- $32,000 to a local heating fuel business to replace a 2007 International delivery truck with a 2020 Freightliner, resulting in diesel emission reductions of 93% annually.
Funding is available for:
- Replacement of diesel-powered heavy-duty vehicles, engines, and equipment with new diesel, alternative fuel, or electric options
- Retrofitting with emission control technologies
- Engine replacements
- Clean alternative fuel conversions
- Installation of idle reduction technologies
- Aerodynamic technologies and low rolling resistance tires
Contact Maria Davies at (802) 622-4022 or at email@example.com with any questions. While the DEC is actively accepting applications, Maria Davies will be the single point of contact for this grant opportunity.
A meeting by conference call will be held September 2 to go over the application process and answer questions. All questions that Maria receives during the conference call and by email will be posted on the Vermont Business Assistance Network (click here) along with their answers.