Funds from Vermont’s allocation of the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust (the Trust) are being allocated to assess the feasibility of all-electric technologies and begin to catalyze market transformation in Vermont. DEC is seeking proposals for electric replacement or repower (engine replacement) projects for all eligible mitigation actions under the Trust to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and co-pollutants in the state.
During the project period beginning December 1, 2020 and ending November 30, 2022, up to $4 million in funding is available for:
- All-electric replacement or repower of diesel-powered Class 4-8 local freight trucks,
- All-electric replacement or repower of diesel-powered Class 4-8 school, shuttle or transit buses,
- All-electric replacement or repower of diesel-powered locomotive freight switchers,
- All-electric repower of diesel-powered ferries,
- All-electric replacement or repower of diesel-powered airport ground support equipment, and
- All-electric replacement or repower of diesel-powered forklifts.
The DEC has posted a Request for Proposals (RFP) and is now accepting applications for this grant opportunity. The application deadline is November 3, 2020.
Links regarding this grant opportunity:
- RFP and Application at the Vermont Business Assistance Network. Click here.
- Additional grant details. Click here.
Please contact Maria Davies at 802.622.4022 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A meeting by conference call will be held September 29 (please see call details in RFP) to go over the application process and answer questions. All questions that Maria receives during the conference call and by email will be posted on the Vermont Business Assistance Network (click here) along with their answers.