The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will once again be offering incentive funding this fall through the Vermont Diesel Emissions Reduction Financial Assistance Program. This funding will be competitively awarded to projects that reduce emissions from diesel-powered vehicles, engines, and nonroad equipment. Click here for more.
Funding will be available for:
- Replacement of diesel-powered heavy-duty vehicles, engines, and nonroad equipment with electric (battery, grid, or fuel cell), alternative fuel, or newer diesel options;
- Retrofitting with emission control technologies;
- Engine replacements;
- Clean alternative fuel conversions;
- Installation of idle reduction technologies;
- Aerodynamic technologies and low rolling resistance tires; and
- Electrified parking spaces for transport refrigeration units and truck stop electrification projects.
Funding will be available for NEW projects only. Eligibility requirements apply. DEC will issue an updated alert when applications will be accepted later this year.